2020 Mentorship Programme
EXPAND YOUR PERSPECTIVE AS A WEX MENTOR OR MENTEE
The WEX Mentoring Program has been designed to facilitate mentoring relationships between experienced energy & extractive industry Professionals and those seeking opportunities for career and professional development. The Program aims to match experienced oil and gas industry professionals with developing and emerging professionals to share advice, knowledge and experiences. The program has a holistic approach, aiming to provide professional support but also personal encouragement on ambitions and goals, as well as managing stress levels and resolving problems to boost confidence and self-esteem.
WHO CAN BE INVOLVED?
The program is open to those who are currently working in the energy and extractives industry or would like to take their first step in this industry.
INTERESTED IN MENTORING IN 2020?
If you are interested in being involved in the Mentoring Program but are not available until 2020 you can register your interest here and we will be in touch in 2020 when applications open for our 2020 intake.
Please apply at
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
The WEX Mentoring Program typically runs over a 4 month period. Applicants are required to complete an online application form which will be used as a basis to assess your application before short listing to the next stage of the process before the matching of mentors and mentees is done on the basis of background assessment, gap analysis, DISC profiling and personality assessments. We encourage you to include your specific requirements to ensure we are able to match you with the best possible mentoring partner.
Networking events will be held during the program, which provides participants the opportunity to share experiences and meet fellow participants.
BENEFITS OF THE WEX MENTORING PROGRAM
The benefits of participating in the WEX Mentoring Program are many and varied:
BENEFITS TO THE MENTOR
1. Further development of mentoring skills including; providing feedback, communication and interpersonal skills
2. Gaining sense of personal and professional satisfaction and creating a career legacy
3. Contributing back to the profession
4. Contributing to Women in Energy & Extractives Kenya
BENEFITS TO THE MENTEE
1. Excellent networking opportunities
2. Developing new skills - i.e. Problem solving
3. Gaining a role model
4. Identifying professional growth and development areas
5. Develops communication skills
6. Drives the mentee to set goals and work towards them
7. Mentee can set goals and develop processes to achieve them